Surf and Turf Tortillas! Looking for a delicious option for Father’s Day, Canada Day, the 4th of July or your next summer bbq, try these Grilled Wild Caught Colossal Shrimp Skewers. Wonderful on their own and fantastic paired with grilled steak skewers for a taco platter, or served with potatoes, corn and your favourite summer salads.
Grilled Wild Caught Colossal Shrimp Skewers
- 18 Wild Caught Colossal Shrimp, peeled leaving tail on (8/12 size)
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro minced
- *6 metal skewers (or soaked wooden skewers)
Pat shrimp dry and place in a resealable bag.
Combine all other ingredients in a bowl and pour over shrimp.
Seal bag and let marinate for 15 minutes in the fridge.
Preheat grill to high and skewer the shrimp.
Place the shrimp on the grill and cook 2-3 minutes/side. The shrimp are cooked when the thickest part has just turned slightly white/opaque and the exterior has a slight pinkish colour.
Serve with lime wedges and a sprinkle of fresh chopped cilantro.
- Prep Time 25 mins
- Cook Time 5 mins
- Total Time 30 mins
- Serves: 6 – 8
Grilled Steak Skewers (or Flank Steak)
- 3 pounds sirloin tip roast, trimmed of excess fat and cut into 1¼ inch cubes
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Dijon
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary minced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds sirloin steak, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1-2 red bell pepper, seeded and cut in 1¼ inch pieces
- 1-2 green bell pepper, seeded and cut in 1¼ inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut in 1¼ inch pieces
- 16 orange (or red) grape tomatoes
- *8 metal skewers (or soaked wooden skewers)
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, soy sauce, garlic, Dijon, honey rosemary and pepper. Add the cubed sirloin to a resealable bag and cover with marinade. Seal bag and let marinate for 30 – 60 minutes in the fridge.
Preheat grill to med-high heat.
Prepare skewers beginning with a tomato, alternating meat, with pieces of bell peppers and red onion, then finishing with a tomato.
Grill skewers over medium-high heat, turning every 2-3 minutes, until all sides of the meat are slightly charred, and vegetables are tender. (About 8 to 12 minutes)
- Prep time 1 hour
- Cook time 12 mins
- Total time 1 hour 15 mins
- Serves: 6 – 8