Crockpot™ Slow Cooker Shrimp Boil.
A summertime seafood boil always tastes better when picnicking next to a large body of water. There is something about the location that stimulates all your senses (smell, sight, touch, taste, even sound) and creates the ultimate experience to enjoy this classic meal of well seasoned potatoes, sausage, shrimp, corn, and onions.
While all the ingredients (except the shrimp) simmer away in the Crockpot™ 3-Quart Manual Slow Cooker for a few hours, we pack up our tablecloth, napkins, forks, drinks, sunscreen, hats, etc.
The shrimp is tossed in for 20 minutes, then the meal is divided into our Crockpot™ Lunch Crock® Food Warmers. The 20 oz size makes them the perfect size for individual on-the-go meals. While the Seal & Store Lids, ensure our portions will not spill in transport. Once, they are securely packed into the back of the car, and plugged in to keep everything warm, as we head off to our favourite picnic spot right beside by the water.
An easy to clean tablecloth and lots of napkins are key to creating the perfect experience as you dig in with your hands, to peel the juicy shrimp and clean the kernels off the mini cobs!
If your try our Slow Cooker Shrimp Boil, be sure to leave us a comment and a rating.
Disclosure: I have participated in a paid partnership with Crockpot™. However, all opinions in this post are my own.
Crockpot Slow Cooker Shrimp Boil
- 1 Power Inverter, Car Converter for Accessory Plug Outlet (2 outlets)
Seasoning Blend for Shrimp Boil
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Pinch ground mace
- Pinch ground allspice
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- Note: Substitute 2 tablespoons of Old Bay Seasoning or favourite seafood seasoning for the seasoning blend.
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce or to taste
- 18 tiny red potatoes or 6 ounces larger red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 9 red pearl onions outer skin layer removed
- 5-to-6 ounce spicy Portuguese Chouriço substitute sweet sausage, to taste, sliced into ¼-inch rounds
- 1 ear of corn cut in 8 riblets (See Cook’s Tip in notes below on how to cut the corn)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon plus more for serving
- 10 ounces large wild shrimp shell on (size: 20-30 per pound)
- Chopped Tarragon
- Hot sauce
- Crusty bread
- Cold beverages
- Lots of napkins
- Container for shrimp shells and corn husks
- Whisk together the seasoning blend (or premade seasoning), lemon juice, hot sauce and 3 cups water, set aside.
- Place the potatoes, onions, sausage, corn, garlic, and bay leaves into the Crockpot™ 3-Quart Manual Slow Cooker, then stir in seasoned water mixture.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 3.5 hours (or until potatoes are almost tender).
- Stir in shrimp. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring a couple of times.
- (** Note: If serving immediately, cook until shrimp is completely cooked through, opaque & pink.)
- Transfer to two Crockpot™ Lunch Crock® Food Warmers and transport to picnic site plugged in using your Power Inverter, to keep the Lunch Crocks warm. (Ensure to pack these securely, so they don’t move during the trip to your destination).
- Set up your picnic, pass the napkins and dig in!
Hope you enjoy this Crockpot Slow Cooker Shrimp Boil recipe!
We would love to here from you, please leave us your feedback in the comment box below.
You may also like these other Crockpot™ recipes –
- Slow Cooker Poutine with Meatballs
- Fiesta Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Spring Risotto
- Express Crock Pork Shoulder Rice Bowl
- Festive Turkey Chili
Have a delicious day! James (aka Zimmy) & Elaine
Leave a Reply