Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken
“Take-Out” Date-Night. Easy to prepare, easy to clean up, more affordable and better tasting! What is not to like about this date-night alternative to hopping on your mobile device and scrolling through a restaurant delivery app?
The preparation is minimal, so one individual can surprise the other or make and it an event and prep together. The 3.5 hours that the chicken simmers away in the Crockpot™ 2-Quart Round Manual Slow Cooker is the perfect opportunity to run out to get some flowers and a bottle of wine or take a long walk together.
This interactive take-out date-night meal is surefire way to spice things up, and I am not just talking about the hot peppers! Enjoy!
Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken thighs 3-4 thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 4 teaspoons ginger minced
- 2 tablespoons hot honey or regular honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 red pepper sliced into 1” squares
- 1 hot long green pepper 2 ½ ounces
- 4 small carrots thinly sliced (2 ½ – 3 ounces)
- 4 ounces broccoli cut in florets
- 8 shitake mushrooms 1 ounce, or substitute button mushrooms or sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 3 green onions thinly sliced, white & light green parts only
- Red chili peppers thinly sliced (optional)
- Jasmine rice or cauliflower rice, rice noodles or zucchini noodles
- Place the chicken breasts pieces into the 2-quart slow cooker.
- Whisk together the garlic, ginger, honey, brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil and rice vinegar, then pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours and 45 minutes.
- Add the red pepper, hot pepper, carrots, gently stir to combine, cover, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and mushrooms, stir, cover, and cook for 20 minutes more.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the chicken and vegetables from the slow cooker to a rimmed sheet pan or platter, cover and set aside. (Optional – at this point I separate the chicken from the vegetables to serve the chicken on rice and the vegetables on the side)
- Strain the remaining teriyaki sauce from the slow cooker into a small saucepan.
- Place the saucepan on the stove over medium-high heat and bring to a low boil.
- In a small bowl, mix a slurry of the cornstarch and water until fully dissolved. Then pour the cornstarch into the saucepan, stir, bring back to a low a boil. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce has just thickened.
- Pour half the sauce over the chicken pieces and toss to coat.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of sesame seeds, green onions, red onions, then serve. Enjoy!
Hope you enjoy this Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken Recipe!
We would love to here from you, please leave us your feedback in the comment box below.
You may also like these other Crockpot™ recipes –
- Crockpot Slow Cooker Shrimp Boil
- Slow Cooker Poutine with Meatballs
- Fiesta Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Spring Risotto
- Express Crock Pork Shoulder Rice Bowl
- Festive Turkey Chili
Have a delicious day! James (aka Zimmy) & Elaine