This time of year, you will most likely be invited to a potluck! If you’re like me, the first things that will pop into your head are “what should I make?”, “when will I find the time to make it?” and “how will I transport and serve it?” Enter, the Crock-Pot® 6 Qt. Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker… Turkey Chili, all my problems solved!
I’ve partnered with Crock-Pot® to create a super easy and delicious turkey chili that tastes like Christmas dinner in a bowl! Perfect when made with fresh turkey thighs or fantastic made with leftovers! The addition of poultry seasoning and toppings like cranberry sauce, orange zest and fried sage leaves adds a festive spin to your traditional chili.
Just brown the turkey thighs, then toss everything in your Crock-Pot and turn it on. Now you are free to run errands, decorate the house, wrap gifts, take the kids skating… the time is yours! When it’s time to transport the turkey chili, just snap the lid shut on your Cook & Carry Slow Cooker and off you go! Plug it in when you arrive, grab a drink, sit down and enjoy… your job is done!
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds turkey thighs – skin & bones removed – cut into ¾” cubes
- 3 cloves garlic – minced
- 2 medium onions – diced
- 2 bell peppers – red or yellow, cored and diced
- 1 or 2 long red chilies – thinly sliced, to taste
- 2 large carrots – peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery – diced
- 1 medium sweet potato – peeled and cubed
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock (no salt added)
- 1 can crushed tomatoes in their juices (fire roasted if available) – (28 oz.)
- 1 can black beans (no salt added – 19 oz.) – drained and rinsed
- 1 can red kidney beans (no salt added – 19 oz.) – drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons poultry seasoning (divided)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch red pepper flakes – to taste
Season turkey thighs with 2 tablespoons of poultry seasoning, then set aside.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in 2 batches, brown turkey on all sides, then remove to a plate. Drain excess liquid before adding turkey to the slow cooker.
Add all ingredients to the Crock Pot Cook & Carry slow cooker, then stir to combine.
Cover and cook on Low for 8-9 hours or on High for 4-5 hours.
- Cranberry Sauce
- Jalapenos – thinly sliced
- Orange Zest
- Brie – cut into small pieces
- Sage Leaves – fried & lightly salted**
** Remove leaves from sage. Heat ¼ cup olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
Fry 6–8 sage leaves at a time until crisp, 3- 4 seconds. Gently transfer with tongs to paper towels and then sprinkle with coarse salt.
*** Cook’s note – Chili is also tasty served more traditionally with hot sauce, jalapenos, diced avocado, cheddar cheese & green onions
This recipe was created for an Instagram post on zimmysnook in partnership with Crock-Pot® Cook and Carry slow cooker however, opinions in this post are my own.
Leave a Reply