Wild Argentinian Shrimp Pesto Pasta Salad
Looking for a great make-ahead summer meal or side for a barbecue feast? This shrimp pesto pasta salad is quick, easy and delivers on freshness and flavour. Use store bought pesto to make your life easy! Adding a little olive oil and lemon juice to any store-bought pesto, balances out the flavours and creates the perfect pasta salad dressing. The plump, tender, delicious shrimp, take this salad to the next level! So, set the table, it is time to eat!!
- 20 Marina Del Rey Wild Argentinian Shrimp, uncooked, thawed & peeled (20/30 size)
- 1/3 cup pesto sauce (recipe or store bought)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 500 g (18 oz) Fiorelli dry pasta (substitute Fusilli or Penne)
- 6 mini multicoloured bell peppers, sliced into rings, seeds removed (substitute 2 regular peppers, diced)
- 2 mini cucumbers, sliced in half lengthwise and diced into half moons
- 150 g (5 oz) cherry tomatoes, halved (approximately 20 tomatoes)
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup pesto sauce (store bought or homemade)
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup small tender Basil leaves
In a large bowl or resealable bag, combine the shrimp & pesto, toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 30-60 minutes.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil, then add the shrimp; cook for 1 1/2 minutes, flip and cook for 1 minute more. Add the wine, cook, and stir 1-2 minutes longer, until cooked through. Remove shrimp, refrigerate, covered, until cool.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add the pasta, and cook as per package directions (to al dente). Drain, rinse with cold water. Transfer to a large bowl. Add vegetables & chilled shrimp. In a small bowl, whisk the pesto, olive oil, lemon juice, salt & pepper until blended. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Before serving add the basil leaves and toss lightly.
- Prep 25 minutes
- Inactive 30-60 minutes
- Cooking 15 minutes
- Servings 4 as main course (8 as a side)
Hope you enjoy my Wild Argentinian Shrimp Pesto Pasta Salad recipe! I would love to hear any feedback if you tried this recipe or if you have any questions in the “comment box” below!
Have a delicious day! James (aka Zimmy)