At the beginning of March we picked up a container of 3 fresh basil plants, and I’m so glad we did! Almost 2 months later, it’s still providing us it’s fragrant, flavourful leaves to finish sauces, flavour marinades, top pizzas or make a delicious and easy basil pesto!
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves (stems removed)
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan or pecorino cheese
- 8 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Put the basil, garlic, pine nuts, Parmesan and oil in a food processor, and blitz until smooth. Season to taste, with salt & pepper.
Hope you enjoy this recipe! I would love to hear your feedback in the “comments” below!
Here are a few other recipes where I used an easy basil pesto recipe: