If you like the flavour profile of Kimchi, you’re going to love this quick and easy Spicy Korean Coleslaw!
This coleslaw is the perfect side for any Korean-inspired meal like my Korean-Style Barbecue Beef Short Rib Lettuce Wraps, or even as a topping for burgers or sandwiches.
It is also a fun way to switch up your usual coleslaw and add some new and exciting flavours to your menu. Your taste buds and your guests will thank you!
Spicy Korean Coleslaw Ingredients
See recipe card for quantities.
- Fine sea salt
- Green onions
- Perilla leaves, optional
- Korean chili flakes
- Rice vinegar
- Low sodium soy sauce
- Raw sugar
- Lime juice
- Sesame oil
- Toasted sesame seeds
Instructions for this spicy slaw recipe
Mix dressing ingredients together in a bowl.
Add the slaw ingredients into a large bowl, pour over dressing and toss to combine.
Garnish with green onion, perilla leaves and serve.
This should only about 10 minutes to make, it’s that easy!
These are my favorite dishes to serve with Spicy Korean Coleslaw:
Tried this recipe?
If you get the chance to try this recipe, please drop back and leave us a comment and rating. We would love to know what you think.
Cheers! James & Elaine
Spicy Korean Coleslaw
- 300 g green cabbage cored and thinly sliced
- 80 g carrots julienned
- 1 jalapeño seeds removed and thinly sliced
- fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoon Korean chili flakes
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 stalks green onion thinly sliced (white and light green)
- 6 perilla leaves thinly sliced (optional)
- Mix dressing ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the slaw ingredients into a large bowl, pour over dressing and toss to combine.
- Garnish with green onion, perilla leaves and serve.
Leave a Reply