This refreshing and easy to make Korean Green Salad offers the perfect balance of flavours and textures. It is typically be served with Korean-style grilled meat like bulgogi and short ribs.
This salad combines a variety of fresh greens and vegetables with a tangy and slightly spicy dressing. The base of this salad are mixed greens. The salad is then topped with thinly sliced Asian white pear, which adds a sweet and juicy element to the dish, and mini cucumbers, which offer a crisp and refreshing crunch.
To add some depth of flavour (and colour) the salad also includes thinly sliced red onion and green pepper. These vegetables provide a slightly pungent and slightly bitter flavour, which is balanced by the sweetness of the pear and the tanginess of the dressing.
The dressing offers a perfect balance of savory, sweet, and spicy flavours that complement the freshness of the salad. The salad is finished off with toasted sesame seeds, which add a nutty crunch and a beautiful visual appeal.
Makes a great side dish or a light lunch.
I served it here with my Korean-Style Barbecue Beef Short Rib Lettuce Wraps.
- Mixed greens
- Asian white pear
- Mini cucumbers
- Medium red onion
- Green pepper
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Low sodium soy sauce
- Rice vinegar
- Lime juice
- Korean fish sauce
- Korean chili flakes
See recipe card for quantities.
Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk well until combined. Set aside.
Place salad ingredients (except for sesame seeds) in a large bowl. Pour over the dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle sesame seeds over the salad and serve.
TRIED THIS RECIPE?
If you get the chance to try this recipe, please drop back and leave us a comment and rating. We would love to know what you think.
Cheers! James & Elaine
Korean Green Salad
- 142 g mixed green salad
- ½ Asian white pear peeled & thinly sliced
- 2-3 mini cucumbers thinly sliced lengthwise
- ½ medium red onion thinly sliced
- ½ green pepper thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds to garnish
- 2 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Korean fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon Korean chili flakes
- 3 teaspoons honey
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk well until combined. Set aside.
- Place salad ingredients (except for sesame seeds) in a large bowl. Pour over the dressing and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds over the salad and serve.
These are my favorite dishes to serve with Korean Green Salad recipe:
Leave a Reply