I am pretty darn confident that this ooey, gooey, rich and chewy chocolate chip skillet cookie recipe will put a smile on your face. It’s rich and decadent, but if you are looking to indulge, you should totally feel happy while doing it. Consider this skillet cookie a judgement free zone, grab a piece of this chocolate goodness and dig in!
The recipe suggests a mixture of dark and milk chocolate, but use what you have or what you like best; dark, milk, semi-sweet, white, or mix it up with butterscotch or peanut butter chips. We won’t judge!
National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day is August 4th, will you be celebrating?
Watch how easy this Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe is to make here.
Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 large egg at room temp
- 2 large egg yolks at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips plus 2 tablespoons for sprinkling on top
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cayenne, cinnamon to a mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, cream together the butter with the sugar and brown sugar.
- Add the egg, blend to mixed in, then add the egg yolks and mix in. Next, add the vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Add the flour mixture in, a little at a time, and mix until the dough comes together.
- Add the 1 cup of dark chocolate and the 1 cup of milk chocolate and use a spatula to mix in the chips to the dough.
- Scrape the dough into the skillet, and use the spatula to spread it out evenly across the skillet. Then sprinkle it with the sea salt.
- Bake the cookie for 15 minutes, then sprinkle the 2 tablespoons of dark chocolate chips across the top. Turn the skillet 180° in the oven, the cook 15 -20 to minutes more until the centre is just barely cooked.
- Remove it from the oven and allow it to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Serve topped with ice cream and chocolate sauce (optional, but highly recommended).
Hope you enjoy this recipe!
We would love to here from you, please leave us your feedback in the comment box below.
Have a delicious day! James (aka Zimmy) & Elaine
Cooked in the Hestan 12.5″ ProBond Titum Nonstick Skillet and NanoBond Butter Warmer on the Hestan Dual Fuel Range. Proud Hestan Culinary and Hestan Ambassador. Opinions in this post are my own.
Leave a Reply