Homemade Meat Lover’s Pizza.
There is nothing better than home baked pizza, topped with the best quality ingredients, piping hot, straight from the oven! And there is nothing easier than Grimm’s Fine Foods convenient Pizza Pack. Filled with the perfect combination of salami, pepperoni, and ham to make the ultimate Meat Lover’s Pizza.
This delicious trio was nestled on top of a seasoned and slightly spicy tomato base along with two types of cheese. Then baked until the cheese was bubbling, and the meat was sizzling.
A pizza so good, you might never order takeout again!
Watch how this Homemade Meat Lover’s Pizza was made here
No, this pizza can be made in your indoor oven using a pizza steel or stone. Instructions for both methods are in the recipe.
TRIED THIS RECIPE?
If you get the chance to try this recipe, please drop back and leave us a comment and rating. We would love to know what you think.
Cheers! James & Elaine
Homemade Meat Lover’s Pizza
- 175 g Grimm’s Pizza Pack includes pizza salami, pizza pepperoni, and cooked ham
- 700 g ball of dough store bought (or homemade if you prefer)
- ½ cup Passata
- Dried oregano
- Hot Pepper flakes
- Grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 230 g mozzarella shredded
- Hot honey optional
- Olive oil optional
Rest the dough.
- On a lightly floured surface divide the dough into two 350g balls. Place the dough balls in a sealed container or in a bowl covered with a dish towel. Let rest for 1 to 2 hours.
Preheat your oven
- Outdoor Pizza Oven: Preheat your outdoor oven on high. The temperature of the stone should reach at least 750°F.
- Home Oven: Place your pizza steel or stone on the middle rack in the oven. Preheat to 500 °F convection for 30-60 minutes.
Stretch out the dough
- Once the oven has reached its temperature, prepare the dough. On a lightly floured surface, stretch out one dough ball. Use your fingers to push the dough from the center out to the edges, turning and repeating until you have stretched out the dough to a 12-inch base.
Add the toppings
- Place the dough onto a lightly floured pizza peel. Spoon and spread ¼ cup passata on the base, leaving space around the edges for the crust to rise. Next, sprinkle dried oregano, dried chilies, grated Parmigiano Reggiano and half the shredded mozzarella. Add 9 slices of meat onto the pizza (3 of each variety).
Bake the pizza
- Outdoor Pizza Oven: Using a pizza peel, launch the pizza into the oven. The pizza will take from 90 seconds to 3 minutes to cook, turn every 20 to 30 seconds to ensure an even bake. (Time will vary based on the oven & outdoor temperature.)
- Home Oven: Using a pizza peel (or an inverted sheet pan) launch the pizza onto the hot steel/stone. Cook the pizza for 8 minutes or until the cheese has melted, the crust is golden brown, and the meat is sizzling.
- For added flavour, drizzle with hot honey or olive oil (optional). And for those who like it spicy serve with more hot pepper flakes or chili pepper spread.
- Slice and enjoy!