Grilled Mixed Seafood Platter.
Canada Day and/or July the 4th, what are you grilling to celebrate?
We’ve put together a grilled mixed seafood platter with corn, potatoes & shishido peppers.
The seafood is all grilled with a herb butter and the scallops were finished with hot Portuguese chorizo – absolutely delicious!
Have a delicious day y’all!
Tried this recipe?
If you get the chance to try this recipe, please drop back and leave us comment and rating. We would love to know what you think.
Cheers! James & Elaine
Grilled Mixed Seafood Platter
Canada Day and/or July the 4th, what are you grilling to celebrate? We’ve put together a grilled mixed seafood platter with corn, potatoes & Shishido peppers. The seafood is all grilled with a herb butter and the scallops were finished with hot Portuguese chouriço… absolutely delicious!
- Pellet Grill
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh Italian parsley finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 lobster tails 5-6 oz/tail, cut in half lengthways
- 8 scallops on the shell 10-20/lb size – No shells? Use double foil shaped into shallow cups
- 8 tablespoons hot Portuguese chouriço or hot chorizo, diced to pea-size pieces
- 16 wild caught shrimp shell on (26-30/lb size)
- Lemon wedges
- Chopped chives
- Chopped parsley
- Heat pellet grill to 450°F
- Melt butter, with oil in a small saucepan over medium heat, add garlic, sauté until fragrant (4-5 minutes). Add lemon juice, parsley, chives, tarragon, pepper & salt, stir to combine. Remove ½ cup of the sauce for cooking and reserve the rest in the saucepan for serving.
- Place diced chouriço in a small dry non-stick frypan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until crisp (5-7 minutes)
- Skewer lobster tails lengthways to keep them from curling while cooking. Skewers shrimp to make flipping more efficient.
- Place lobster halves, flesh side down, on grill and cook for 2 minutes. Flip lobster over and spoon ½ tablespoon of the butter sauce over each half tail; add the shrimp skewers and brush with butter sauce: add the scallops on the shells and spoon ½ tablespoon of the butter sauce over each scallop (allowing it to pool in the shell) continue grilling 5-8 minutes, flipping the shrimp halfway through and brushing with more butter sauce. Cook until lobster meat is opaque & tender (135°F internal temperature), shrimp shell is a pink color and the meat inside is white/opaque, scallop flesh is milky white or opaque and tender (120°F-125°F internal temperature, as they will continue to cook in the hot butter sauce while plating and serving).
- Sprinkle each scallop with ½ tablespoon of crispy chouriço and a little of the fresh herbs.
- Serve immediately with warm reserved butter sauce, lemon wedges and chopped herbs.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
In addition to this recipe, you can find more of my favourite seafood recipes here.
Leave a Reply