New Potato & Bean Salad.
A perfect side dish for cooler summer evenings when it doesn’t feel too hot to boil the potatoes and beans. Delicious served warm as soon as it is made, but it continues to develop deeper flavour if left to marinade for a few hours. Serve alongside your favourite barbecue dishes including beef, pork, chicken, and fish.
Made with the potatoes and beans that I picked up at a local farm store. I do love this time of year!
Watch how easy this salad is to make here.
New Potato & Bean Salad
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt plus more for cooking the potatoes
- ½ small red onion thinly sliced
- 1½ pounds new red potatoes halved or quartered
- 8 ounces green beans trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces yellow beans trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1 cup spicy dill pickles diced
- ½ cup pitted black olives
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped chives
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, red pepper flakes and salt. Add the onions, toss to coat, then set aside.
- In a large saucepan, add the potatoes, cover with cold water, then season generously with salt. Cover, then bring to a boil over high heat. (Remove the lid just before it comes to a boil, so that it doesn’t boil over.) Cook the potatoes for 10-14 minutes until just tender enough that they are easily pierced by the tines of a fork. Add the beans and cook for 1 minute.
- Drain the potatoes and beans, then add to the onions and dressing, toss gently to combine. Add the tomatoes, pickles, olives, then gently toss to coat. Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve warm or set aside for a few hours and serve at room temperature.
We hope you enjoy this New Potato & Bean Salad recipe!
We would love to here from you, please leave us your feedback in the comment box below.
You may also like these other salad recipes here.
Have a delicious day! James (aka Zimmy) & Elaine
Cooked on the Hestan Dual Fuel Range using the Hestan Culinary 6-Qt CopperBond Stock Pot. Proud Hestan & Hestan Culinary Ambassador. Opinions in this post are my own.
Leave a Reply