Wedge Salad with a Gorgonzola Dressing.
Damn, this was good! Cucumbers, bacon, tomatoes, radishes, chives, chive flowers and lotza Gorgonzola!
This crisp and refreshing steakhouse classic is delicious and so easy to assemble. It’s the perfect side to any grilled meat or as is on its own. Steak is obviously a perfect pairing but adding leftover grilled chicken and boiled eggs are also a great way to enjoy this salad.
TRIED THIS RECIPE?
If you get the chance to try this recipe, please drop back and leave us a comment and rating. We would love to know what you think.
Cheers! James & Elaine
Wedge Salad with a Gorgonzola Dressing
- 1 large iceberg lettuce
- 6 slices bacon cooked
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered or sliced
- 2 mini cucumbers thinly sliced lengthwise on a mandoline
- 3 radishes thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 2 tablespoons chives, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces Gorgonzola cheese crumbled
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 ½ ounces Gorgonzola cheese crumbled
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a food processor and pulse to combine (should be chunky). Refrigerate until ready to use.
Build the Salad
- Remove the outer leaves from the lettuce. Cut the lettuce in half through the stem. Then cut each half into three equal wedges. Cut the end to remove the stem from each wedge.
- Layer the cucumber slices on a platter or 6 individual plates, then add the wedges. Top with the Gorgonzola cheese dressing, tomatoes, radishes, chives, more Gorgonzola cheese crumbles and a bacon slice per wedge.
- Serve with extra dressing and enjoy!