This creamy, rich, earthy, and strongly umami flavoured Marsala Mushroom Sauce is a perfect compliment to my Individual Ground Beef Wellingtons recipe.
This Marsala wine sauce is made with beef stock, cremini mushrooms and will elevate any casual meal into an elegant entrée!
Marsala Mushroom Sauce
- 227 grams 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 1 ½ cups beef stock
- 3 small sprigs of thyme
- Melt the butter in a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and thyme then sauté for 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle the flour over the pan and stir until it is mixed well into the mushroom and butter.
- Add the Marsala and cook for 1 minute stirring frequently. Add the beef stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for around 5-8 minutes until sauce has thickened, stirring regularly.
- Serve alongside the Individual Ground Beef Wellingtons.
Hope you enjoy my Marsala Mushroom Sauce recipe! We would love to hear from you, please leave us your feedback in the comment box below.
Have a delicious day! James (aka Zimmy) & Elaine