Pork Chops in a Marsala Mushroom Sauce.
This easy and delicious meal is perfect for date night, an elegant dinner party or even a weeknight meal.
Local bone-in chops are seasoned with salt and pepper, then seared. Removed the chops and added butter to the pan. Tossed in cremini mushrooms, fresh thyme leaves, and cooked the mushrooms for 4-5 minutes. Sprinkled on a tablespoon of flour and cooked for a minute or two. Added about a cup of Marsala, then cooked it down for a minute. Added a cup & a half of stock, brought it to a boil then simmered it for 6-7 minutes. Returned the chops to the sauce and put the skillet in the oven for 15 minutes, flipping the chops once. Removed the chops to a plate and reduced down the sauce until it reached the desired consistency.
Serve the chops bathed in the delicious sauce, with mashed potatoes or rice, your favourite veggies and nice bottle of wine. We choose a Californian Chardonnay, but this dish also pairs nicely with a Pinot Noir or an Argentinian Malbec.
TRIED THIS RECIPE?
If you get the chance to try this recipe, please drop back and leave us a comment and rating. We would love to know what you think.
Cheers! James & Elaine
Pork Chops in a Marsala Mushroom Sauce
- 3 bone-in pork chops
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 227 grams 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 1 ½ cups vegetable or mushroom stock
- 3 sprigs thyme leaves only
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- Heat oil in a large 12.5” ovenproof sauté pan over medium high heat.
- Season chops with salt and pepper, then sear in the pan for 2-3 minutes per sides. Remove the chops and set aside.
- Melt the butter in the pan. Add the mushrooms and thyme, then sauté for 4-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour over the pan and stir until it is mixed well into the mushroom and butter.
- Add the Marsala wine and cook for 1 minute stirring frequently.
- Add the of stock, bringing it to a boil then simmer for 6-7 minutes.
- Return the chops to the sauce and put the skillet in the oven for 15 minutes, flipping the chops once.
- Remove the chops to a plate and reduce down the sauce (on the stovetop) until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Serve the chops bathed in the delicious sauce.