This Holiday Season may look a little different, but just because you are celebrating with a Micro-Christmas Dinner, it does not mean it cannot be festive and incredibly delicious!
Start the meal with a flavour packed appetizer of antipasto skewers to wake up the appetite… and since you can make the skewers in advance, you will get to sit and enjoy them with your loved ones.
- 2 large roasted red peppers, sliced into 10 equal strips and folded
- 10 bocconcini balls (cherry sized)
- 10 stuffed green mammoth olives
- 10 pitted Kalamata olives
- 10 small pickled peperoncini peppers (jar)
- 10 grilled button mushrooms (jar)
- 10 slices spicy salami, folded to fit skewer
- 10 grape or cherry tomatoes
- 10 leaves fresh basil
Special equipment: 10 x 6” skewers
Cut the roasted red pepper on a small plate reserving the excess juices.
Toss the bocconcini balls in the red pepper juices and set aside.
Thread the skewers as follows: Kalamata olive, peperoncini pepper, tomato, basil, bocconcini, salami, mushroom, red pepper, green olive.
Serve on a board or platter.
Make in the morning, cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
Remove 15 minutes prior to serving and allow to come to room temperature.