Fire up the grill! Pour a cold beverage and take a few minutes to enjoy a good conversation, a few laughs and an incredibly tasty Sizzlin’ Smokie hot off the grill. Preparing the quick-pickled vegetables and crispy shallots ahead of time, will ensure a treat for your taste buds, yet free you up to enjoy your time with family and friends.
Watch the process video here.
Sizzlin’ Smokies with Kimchi, Pickled Veggies & Crispy Shallots
- Preheat the grill on medium-high heat.
- Place the Sizzlin’ Smokies on the grill and cook until the exterior is lightly charred. About 8 minutes, turning every 2-3 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, make shallow to cuts in the smokie (a few diagonal cuts or create an “X” pattern).
- Cook the smokies for 4-5 minutes more until the cut edges are crispy and the juices inside are sizzlin’.
- Add the buns to the grill for the last minute to lightly char the exterior.
- Place the Sizzlin’ Smokies in the warm buns, then top with Kimchi, pickled veggies, crispy shallots, and a squeeze of mustard. Enjoy
Hope you enjoy my Sizzlin’ Smokies with Kimchi, Pickled Veggies & Crispy Shallots recipe.
Did you try this recipe or have any comments? If so, we would love to here from you! Please leave us your feedback in the comment box below.
Have a delicious day! James (aka Zimmy) & Elaine