Spicy Linguine with Clams and Shrimp. The combination of sweet live Manila clams, fresh wild shrimp, garlic, white wine, cilantro, pepper flakes & lemon wedges, creates a light, fresh and very flavourful pasta dish… ready in just 25 minutes!
- 1 pound linguine pasta
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (or flat-leaf parsley)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon wedges for serving
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup white wine (Pinot Grigio)
- 1 cup vegetable stock (or chicken stock)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound Manila clams, scrubbed clean
- 8-12, large wild shrimp, deveined, washed & dried
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite (8 to 10 minutes). Drain and transfer to a large serving bowl. Add the butter and cilantro and toss until coated. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, salt & pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until soft, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds until aromatic. Add the wine and simmer until the liquid has reduced by half (2-3 minutes). Stir in the broth, red pepper flakes & clams. Bring the mixture to a simmer. Cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid and cook until all the shellfish have opened (5 to 8 minutes).
While the clams cook, heat a pan over medium high heat, add the oil and warm through. Add the garlic, peppers, s&p and cook for 30-60 seconds. Add the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes, flip and cook for 2 minutes more.
Discard any unopened clams.
Using tongs, remove the clams from the saucepan and add to the shrimp pan. Pour 1/2 the shellfish cooking liquid over the pasta and toss well. Pour the remaining liquid over the shrimp and clams. Arrange the reserved clams, shrimp & sauce on top of the pasta and serve.
Serve with lemon wedges.
Cooked and served in my Hestan Culinary CopperBond 3.5 qt. Sauteuse
In addition to this Spicy Linguine with Clams and Shrimp recipe, you can find more of my favourite seafood recipes here.