Sous-Vide Carrots with Hummus.
Perfectly cooked carrots, flavoured with a hint of spice, a pop of freshness and drop of sweetness.
Whether served as an appetizer or a side, this dish is sure to impress. The sous-vide carrots retain their natural sweetness, while soaking up all the flavours of the other ingredients. The slight spiciness is tempered by the creamy hummus.
Full disclosure… this has been our dinner for 2, on more than one occasion. That is how seriously good it is!
Tip: Sous-Vide ahead of time, then just pan-fry before serving.
Prepared using the ZWILLING FRESH & SAVE Vacuum Sous-Vide Starter Set. The instructional video was created in partnership with ZWILLING® Canada. Opinions in this post are always my own.
Sous-Vide Carrots with Hummus
- 1 pound of carrots peeled and rinsed (approximately 15 – 5” carrots)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon crushed hot chili pepper spread
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1½ inch piece of ginger peeled and sliced
- ¼ tablespoon pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups of hummus homemade or store bought
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped mint
- A few mint leaves optional
- Set the Sous-Vide Stick to 185°F for one hour and preheat the water bath.
- Place the carrots, butter, crushed chillies, honey, ginger, salt & pepper, into a vacuum bag, seal and vacuum the air out. Add the bag to the preheated water and cook for one hour.
- Note: if making ahead, at this point, the carrots can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Empty the entire contents of bag into a 12-inch skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until the liquid has reduced to a shiny glaze, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Spread a layer of hummus on a platter, place the carrots on top, pour over anything left in the skillet, then sprinkle with the chopped mint. Garnish with mint leaves. Serve warm. Enjoy!
Hope you enjoy my Sous-Vide Carrots with Hummus recipe!
We would love to here from you, please leave us your feedback in the comment box below.
You may also like these sous-vide recipes here.
Have a delicious day! James (aka Zimmy) & Elaine