Niçoise inspired salad with oven roasted Coho salmon. The salmon was surrounded with asparagus, potatoes, cucumbers, celery, red onions, tomatoes, pickles, olives and hard boiled quail eggs.
Served with a dressing of white balsamic, Dijon, honey, s&p and olive oil.
Watch the salmon bake and sizzle here
Niçoise Salad with Oven Roasted Coho Salmon: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can I pan sear the salmon instead of roasting?
Yes, you sure can! I have two other Niçoise Salad recipes where I’ve pan seared the salmon.
Niçoise Salad with Oven Roasted Coho Salmon
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1.5 to 2-pound skin-on coho salmon fillet one inch thick, divided into 4 to 5 equal pieces
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup good olive oil
Suggested Salad Ingredients:
- 16 baby potatoes boiled, cut in half. While warm, lightly tossed in olive oil, salt, pepper, and a splash of white balsamic vinegar.
- 8-10 hard boiled quail eggs halved (or 4 large chicken eggs)
- 12-16 asparagus spears or 20-24 green beans blanched in boiling water for 2-3 minutes, removed to an ice water bath.
- 20 cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 stalks of celery sliced
- 2 mini cucumbers sliced (or ⅓ of an English cucumber)
- 2 mini dill pickles quartered into spears
- ¼ cup assorted olives
- 8-10 large lettuce leaves romaine or frisée
- ½ red onion marinated optional
- Lemon wedges
- In a small bowl whisk together the vinegar, mustard, honey, salt, and pepper. Then slowly whisk in the olive oil to thicken the dressing. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F convection roast (or 425°F conventional bake)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon zest, juice, Dijon, garlic, olive oil and season with salt & pepper.
- Place the salmon pieces on a sheet pan that has been lined with parchment paper. Pour the marinade over the salmon and let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Place the salmon in the oven and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, until it is just cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest for 10-20 minutes.
- Serve on a platter surrounded by a selection of your favourite greens, vegetables, pickles, olives, hard boiled eggs, and salad dressing.
Hope you enjoy this recipe. We would love to hear from you!
Please leave us your feedback in the comment box below.
Have a delicious day! James (aka Zimmy) & Elaine
Cooked on/in the Hestan Dual Fuel Range using the Hestan Culinary 4-Qt NanoBond Saucepan.
Proud Hestan Culinary and Hestan Ambassador. Opinions in this post are my own.
Leave a Reply