Marinated Squid Salad.
Super simple to make with tons of flavour! The cooked squid tentacles are marinated with red wine, olive oil, red onions salt and lemon juice. Then tossed and served with red peppers, olives, lemon zest and chopped parsley. It makes a great appetizer served with a toast.
This squid salad is always the star on any charcuterie or seacuterie board.
What is a Seacuterie board?
A board or tray with various seafood options to nibble on, similar to a charcuterie board. Along with this squid salad, we would include snow crab legs (& claws) with a spicy mustard dip, grilled octopus, grilled shrimp skewers, smoked salmon, bread, crackers, capers/olives and lemon wedges.
If you can’t find squid tentacles you can substitute with cooked octopus.
TRIED THIS RECIPE?
If you get the chance to try this recipe, please drop back and leave us a comment and rating. We would love to know what you think.
Cheers! James & Elaine
Marinated Squid Salad
- ⅓ cup quality extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced red onion 2 cm in length
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 454 grams MDR Cooked Squid Tentacles defrosted as per package directions
To assemble the salad
- ⅓ cup diced red pepper
- 40 to 50 grams drained small mixed olives (pitted or not, as preferred)
- 2 tablespoons quality extra virgin olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley or more to taste
- Combine the red onions slices with the olive oil and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Add the vinegar, salt, and lemon juice to the onions, stir to combine.
- In a small bowl (or resealable bag), combine the squid tentacles with the onion mixture. Toss to evenly coat the squid. Cover the bowl, then refrigerate for 30 to 90 minutes.
- When ready to serve, strain the octopus and onions from the marinade. Toss together with the red pepper and olives. Spread the mixture onto a serving platter, drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Then finish with the zest of lemon and sprinkle of parsley.
- Delicious served with crispy toast.
Love this Marinated Squid Salad? Click here for more seafood recipes.