Greek Chicken and Orzo Skillet.
A quick, easy, and very flavourful one skillet meal that is sure to please the entire family. Perfect for meal planning too! The lemon zest and lemon juice bring a pop of brightness to the meal, so do not forget to finish each plate with some!
Watch how this one-skillet meal was made here
Greek Chicken and Orzo Skillet
A quick, easy, and very flavourful meal that is sure to please the entire family. Perfect for meal planning too! The lemon zest and lemon juice bring a pop of brightness to the meal, so do not forget to finish each plate with some!
- 1 12.5" Skillet (I used my Hestan CopperBond 12.5" Skillet)
- 1 12.5" Lid (I used my Thomas Keller Insignia 12.5" Universal Lid)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup diced red pepper
- ½ cup diced green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 ½ cups orzo
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- fresh oregano leaves
- crumbled feta
- lemon juice
- lemon zest
- Mix the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and salt, then sprinkle the chicken breasts liberally on both sides. Heat the olive oil in a 12.5” skillet over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, sear both sides of the chicken, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan to a plate, cover with another plate or foil and set aside.
- To the same skillet, add the onion, red & green peppers. Cover and cook over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes, scraping the bottom occasionally to get all the chicken and spices off the skillet. Add the garlic and cook for one minute until fragrant.
- Stir in the red pepper flakes, oregano, and thyme. Next, add the orzo, white wine, and chicken broth, stir to mix everything well. Place the chicken breasts on top on the orzo, then cover and cook on medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes, until the orzo is done, and the chicken is cooked through (165°F internal temperature). Remove the chicken from the pan, stir in the olives and feta, then place the chicken back in the pan and add a few fresh oregano leaves (to taste). Finish each plate with a sprinkle of lemon zest, a squeeze of lemon juice and a little more crumbled feta (to taste). Enjoy.
If your try our Greek Chicken and Orzo Skillet recipe, we would love it if you leave us a comment and a rating. Have a delicious day!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hope you enjoy this Greek Chicken and Orzo Skillet recipe!
We would love to here from you, please leave us your feedback in the comment box below.
Have a delicious day! James (aka Zimmy) & Elaine
Cooked on the Hestan Dual Fuel Range using the Hestan Culinary 12″5 CopperBond Skillet and the Thomas Keller Insignia 12.5″ Universal Lid. Proud Hestan and Hestan Culinary Ambassador. Opinions in this post are my own.
Leave a Reply