This dill pickle potato salad has quickly become a favourite around our home. Slightly creamy, a little tangy, with a hint of spice. Make it ahead of time and pull it out when it’s time to eat. Perfect for casual get togethers and ideal for summertime barbecues. Delicious paired alongside your favourite grilled dishes. Try it with ribs, skewers, burgers, steaks, chicken, fish, or just grilled vegetables!
Watch some of the recipe prep here, and check out the new Hestan x Hedley & Bennett Aprons!
Dill Pickle Potato Salad
- 2 lbs red skinned potatoes, cut into bite size pieces (quartered)
- ½ cup dill pickles sliced/chopped
- 1 cup diced celery
- ½ cup red onion thinly sliced (½ to ¾ cup)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- Chive flowers for garnish (optional)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup pickle juice
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Cayenne or less to taste
- Boil the potatoes until just tender (not breaking apart) approximately approx. 15 minutes. Drain and sprinkle with a little salt. Set aside to cool.
- Put all the dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake well to combine.
- In a bowl, gently toss the cooled potatoes, pickles, celery and onions with ½ cup of dressing
- Sprinkle with chives and refrigerate at least two hours before serving.
- Serve with extra dressing.