Start the meal off with a flavour packed antipasto appetizer skewer consisting of meat, olives, pickles, cheese, roasted vegetables and fresh basil to wake up the appetite! They are extremely simple to assemble, and you can make them in advance leaving you more time to mingle with your guests.
They are elegant enough to serve at an intimate dinner party, during the holiday season and do not forget game day! Everyone loves food on a stick!
Antipasto Skewers Ingredients
When purchasing the ingredients, always opt for high-quality ingredients from a deli counter or jarred. Nothing worse that taking a bite of an olive from a can to ruin the entire skewer!
- Roasted red peppers, in oil
- Bocconcini mini balls
- Stuffed green mammoth olives
- Pitted Kalamata olives
- Small pickled pepperoncini peppers
- Grilled button mushrooms, in oil
- Spicy salami
- Grape or cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
Tried this recipe?
If you get the chance to try this recipe, please drop back and leave us comment and rating. We would love to know what you think.
Cheers! James and Elaine
- 10 x 6” skewers
- 2 large roasted red peppers, in oil sliced into 10 equal strips and folded
- 10 bocconcini balls cherry sized
- 10 stuffed green mammoth olives
- 10 pitted Kalamata olives
- 10 small pickled peperoncini peppers
- 10 grilled button mushrooms, in oil
- 10 slices spicy salami folded to fit skewer
- 10 grape or cherry tomatoes
- 10 leaves fresh basil
- Cut the roasted red pepper on a small plate reserving the excess juices
- Toss the bocconcini balls in the red pepper juices and set aside
- Thread the skewers as follows: Kalamata olive, peperoncini pepper, tomato, basil, bocconcini, salami, mushroom, red pepper, green olive.
- Serve on a board or platter.
- Make in the morning, cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Remove 15 minutes prior to serving and allow to come to room temperature.