Winter Citrus & Baby Green Salad with a Honey Dijon dressing, served alongside Creamy Cauliflower with Spinach + Bok Choy Baked Penne
During the winter months, the 2 things I crave most are sunshine and cozy fires. This meal was inspired by those cravings to deliver a wonderful balance between the bright fresh flavours in the salad, and a ‘warm hug’ from the comforting baked pasta.
Packed full of flavour and loaded with goodness, Earthbound Farm Organic Greens & Vegetables ensure that you are not just making healthier choices for yourself, but for the world too! Plus, the variety and convenience of Earthbound Farm products makes it so easy to eat and cook more whole, fresh, organic produce.
Winter Citrus & Baby Green Salad
- 4 cups Earthbound Farms Organic Baby Red Butter Lettuce
- 4 cups Earthbound Farms Organic Baby Arugula
- 1 cup Fresh Pomegranate Arils
- 2 blood oranges skin removed & sliced
- 2 seedless clementines peeled & sectioned
- 1 small apple core removed, thinly sliced (I used a Pink Lady)
- ½ cup candied pecan pieces store bought or home made
Honey Dijon Dressing
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a glass jar (with a tight-fitting lid) and shake well to mix.
- Place the greens a large platter. Add the, oranges, clementines and apple, then sprinkle with pomegranate arils & pecans.
- Just before serving, drizzle about ½ cup of the dressing (more to taste) over the salad and gently toss.
- Refrigerate leftover dressing and use for another salad or drizzle on roasted vegetables.
Hope you enjoy this Winter Citrus & Baby Green Salad recipe! We would love to hear from you, please leave us your feedback in the comment box below.
Have a delicious day! James (aka Zimmy) & Elaine