Southwestern Skillet Hash.
This one skillet breakfast is loaded with all the fixings. Bacon, eggs, sausages, pepper, onions, sweet potatoes, corn, tomatoes, black beans, then finished with avocado and cilantro for a pop of freshness. Try it for a very satisfying breakfast or lunch for four, or dinner for two.
Watch how easy this was to make here!
Southwestern Skillet Hash
- 1 11" Nonstick Skillet Thomas Keller 11" Insignia TITUM™ Nonstick Sauté Pan
- 4 mini breakfast sausages
- 2 slices of bacon
- 1 sweet potato peeled and diced Approximately 8oz of finished dice
- 1 small onion diced
- ½ red bell pepper diced
- ½ yellow bell pepper diced
- 1 jalapeno sliced (seeds optional)
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon of smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon of chili powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- ½ cup low-sodium black beans drained and rinsed
- 8 grape tomatoes halved
- ⅓ cup frozen corn
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup of fresh cilantro chopped
- ½ avocado diced
- Hot sauce/salsa optional
- Tortillas warmed
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place the breakfast sausage and bacon into an 11” oven proof, non-stick skillet. Add 1/3 cup water, cover, and cook on low heat, for 10 minutes. Flip the sausages and bacon then cook uncovered for another 15 minutes. Turning every 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the cooked bacon and sausages to a paper towel lined plate. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, increase heat to medium then add the sweet potatoes. Cook for about 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until edges start to become crispy.
- Next stir in onions, bell peppers and jalapeño. Mix to combine with potatoes.
- Add garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, and chili powder, mix to combine. Stir and cook for about 6-8 minutes until soften. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Crumble bacon and cut sausages into bite size pieces, then add to skillet.
- Next stir in the black beans, tomatoes, and corn.
- Make four small wells in the hash, then crack an egg into each well. Cook over low heat until the bottom of the eggs just to white. Then place the skillet into the oven and cook until the eggs whites are set. 3 to 6 minutes, depending on your preference of doneness.
- Serve with fresh cilantro, avocado, your favourite hot sauce/salsa (optional), warm tortillas and enjoy!
Hope you enjoy this Southwestern Skillet Hash recipe!
We would love to here from you, please leave us your feedback in the comment box below.
Have a delicious day! James (aka Zimmy) & Elaine
You may also like these other one skillet breakfast and brunch recipes:
Cooked in the Thomas Keller 11″ Insignia TITUM™ Nonstick Sauté Pan on the Hestan Dual Fuel Range. Proud Hestan Culinary and Hestan Ambassador. Opinions in this post are my own.