Turkey Burgers Stuffed with Stilton Cheese.
Turkey burgers can be just as flavourful and delicious, as any other burger out there!
These turkey patties are given a flavour boost with spicy pickled garlic, sweet onions, and Dijon, before being stuffed with stilton cheese. While they grill, they are topped with Spicy Grape Jam, that beautifully glazes the burger before being garnished with sautéed onions, pickled jalapeños, dill pickles and bib lettuce.
When we have company over, we like to create a burger tray with a variety of topping and sides. Customize to your liking, but I highly recommend you include the Spicy Grape Jam it really compliments the burger!
The Spicy Grape Jam recipe can be found here.
Turkey Burgers Stuffed with Stilton Cheese
- 2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 egg
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons sweet onions finely chopped
- 3 cloves spicy pickled garlic alternatively, roasted garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup olive oil for brushing patties before grilling
- 3 oz Stilton cheese
- 6 Brioche sesame seed buns
- Spicy Grape Jam
- Sauteed Onions
- Pickled Jalapeños
- Dill Pickles
- Bib Lettuce
- Place the onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and Dijon into a mini food processor, then blitz to chop. Add the egg, then blitz again to combine. (Alternatively: mince onion and garlic and mix ingredients in a large bowl.)
- Add mixture to a large bowl, then add panko and stir to combine.
- Add turkey to the bowl and mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Portion the turkey mixture into 6 x 6 1/8-6 ¼ oz balls, then add ½ oz of stilton cheese to each ball.
- Fold the turkey around the cheese and shape each ball into a patty, approximately ¾” thick x 4 ½” diameter.
- Before grilling, place the patties on a tray lined with wax paper and place in the freezer for 30-60 minutes (cold burgers, crisp up better on the exterior and it should keep the cheese from premature oozing).
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat (400°F – 450°F).
- Brush each patty with olive oil and place oil side down on the hot grill, then brush the top with a little oil while on the grill. Close lid and grill, turning once and flipping about 6 minutes into the cook. Grill for 2 minutes, then add a spoonful of the Spicy Grape Jam and spread out over the top of the burger.
- Cook for another 4 – 6 minutes until the internal temperature of the meat is 160°F (total cook time 12-14 minutes). Let patties rest 5 minutes, tented in foil, before topping and serving.
- Garnish with sauteed onions, pickled jalapeños, dill pickles and bib lettuce. Serve with more spicy grape jam and your favourite condiments.
- (Make-ahead: Layer between waxed paper in airtight container and refrigerate for up to 24 hours or freeze and cook later from frozen)
Hope you enjoy my Turkey Burgers Stuffed with Stilton Cheese recipe!
We would love to here from you, please leave us your feedback in the comment box below.
Have a delicious day! James (aka Zimmy) & Elaine