Sourdough Toasts – Three ways
Smoked Wild Sockeye Salmon: smoked wild sockeye salmon, cucumber, red onion, capers, lemon zest on a yogurt-hummus spread
BLT: double smoked bacon, heirloom tomatoes, frisée, parsley, on yogurt-hummus spread, finished with Maldon salt & freshly ground pepper.
We are curious to know, which of these toasts has YOUR name on it? Leave us your reply in the comment box below.
- 6 slices of sourdough toast
- 5 slices smoked wild sockeye salmon 55g
- 1 small mini-English cucumber sliced
- 2 soft boiled eggs 4 minutes
- 2 radishes sliced thinly
- 4 slices of double smoked bacon
- 6 slices of heirloom tomatoes I used three different types
- 2 pieces Frisée
- Marinated onions recipe
- 6 tablespoons Yogurt-Hummus spread 3 tablespoons of each mixed together
- 3 tablespoons Spicy Guacamole my recipe or store bought
- Lemon zest
- Red pepper flakes
- Malden salt
- Fresh ground pepper
Assemble the toasts
- Smoked Wild Sockeye Salmon: Spread 1½ tablespoons of the yogurt-hummus spread on each piece of toast, then add the salmon, cucumber, red onions, capers, and finish with some lemon zest. (Some fresh dill would be nice on this as well)
- Spicy Guacamole and Eggs: Spread 1½ tablespoons of the guacamole on each piece of toast, then carefully add the soft-boiled eggs, radishes, mint and finish with red pepper flakes.
- BLT: Spread the yogurt-hummus spread on each piece of toast, then add the frisée, double smoked bacon, heirloom tomatoes, parsley and finish with Maldon salt & freshly ground pepper.
Hope you enjoy these Sourdough Toasts! We are curious to know, which one has YOUR name on it? Leave us your reply in the comment box below.
Have a delicious day! James (aka Zimmy) & Elaine