Game Day (porch drop-off) Board: The Perfect Snack Spread for Your Next Football Party! Antipasto Sandwiches, Crispy and Sticky Chicken Wings, Smoked Parmesan Herb Popcorn, chips, pretzels or peanuts – what are you grabbing first?
This game day (porch drop-off) board was created during the pandemic, when we knew we were not going to be hosting or attending a Super Bowl party. We would drop off trays and watch the game virtually. It was a hit then and we enjoy it even more now watching the game with friends and family!
The tray is perfect for sharing and makes it easy for everyone to grab a snack and enjoy the game. It is also a great way to add some variety to your game day snack selection and to keep everyone happy and satisfied.
Antipasto Sandwiches – Recipe below
These sandwiches are made with a variety of deli meats, cheeses, pickled and fresh vegetables and then topped with a creamy hummus. They are tasty served at room temperature, but we recommend you heat them in a panini press until the cheese melts!
Crispy and Sticky Chicken Wings – Recipe
The wings are dry rubbed with a blend of spices, then grilled/or baked to perfection. They are then tossed in BBQ sauce and returned to the grill until the sauce is set. The result is a delicious combination of crispy and sticky goodness that is sure to satisfy even the biggest wing fans.
Smoked Parmesan Herb Popcorn – Recipe
Take your popcorn to the next level just by adding herbs, Parmesan, and a hint of smoke! Trust me, this smoked popcorn recipe is worth the few extra steps!
Other football game day snacks to include
Include your favourite pretzels, jalapeño chips, pickles & peanuts.
TRIED THIS RECIPE?
If you get the chance to try this recipe, please drop back and leave us a comment and rating. We would love to know what you think.
Cheers! James & Elaine
Game Day (porch drop-off) Board
- 3 large thin buns if you can’t find thin, cut a slice from the middle and discard or hollow out the soft centre of the bun
- ½ cup spicy hummus
- 6 slices marble cheddar
- 6 slices aged provolone cheese
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 6 slices oven roasted turkey breast
- 6 slices dry-cured coppa
- 3 large fire roasted peppers in brine halved lengthwise
- 1 red onion sliced and marinated, see recipe in notes
- 1½ cups blend of hearty lettuce
- 3 dill pickles thinly sliced lengthwise
- Optional – hot mustard or yellow mustard
To make the sandwiches
- Slice the buns in half horizontally.
- Spread the hummus equally between the 3 bottom buns.
- Dividing everything by three, layer the lettuce, marble cheese, turkey, red peppers, coppa, onions, provolone, prosciutto, pickles, if using mustard spread it on the top bun, then put the lid on the sandwich.
- They are tasty served at room temperature, but we recommend you heat them in a panini press until the cheese melts.
- Cut in half and put into paper sandwich bags or secure with wooden picks.