Crustless Quiche with Bacon, Mushrooms & Jalapeños.
Breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner! Those are the meals that I enjoy a quiche! This crustless quiche recipe is so easy, versatile, and delicious that you can throw it together for a satisfying meal any time of the day! I stuffed this version with staples that are always in my fridge, and I encourage you to do the same. Make in individual dishes for ease of plating or cook in a skillet and serve pieces like pie! I always like to bring some chili flakes and a hot sauce to the table for an extra kick of flavour!
Crustless Quiche with Bacon, Mushrooms & Jalapeños
- 2 slices of smoked bacon
- 3 ounces cremini mushrooms sliced
- 2 tablespoons jalapeños seeds removed, diced
- 2 tablespoon pickled roasted red pepper diced
- 4 large eggs
- ⅔ cup 1% milk
- 1½ ounce brie cheese cut into small cubes
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a non-stick skillet, cook the bacon over medium-low heat, flipping occasionally, until crispy. Remove from skillet to a plate and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms to the hot bacon fat and cook, turning occasionally, until cook through. Remove from skillet to the plate and set aside.
- Add the jalapeños to the skillet toss in the leftover liquid and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from skillet to the plate and set aside.
- In two bowls, whisk together 2 eggs and ⅓ cup milk.
- Grease two individual baking dishes with oil (or butter).
- From one bowl, pour just enough of the egg mixture to barely cover the bottom of a baking dish. Add half each the mushrooms, jalapenos, peppers, cheese, and crumble one piece of bacon in. Pour in the remaining egg mixture. Repeat the process with the other bowl and baking dish.
- Bake uncovered, in the centre of the oven for 30-35 minutes, rotating the baking dish hallway through. The centre of the quiche should be set, not jiggly when gently shaken.
- Serve as is or with chopped chives, chili flakes and/or hot sauce. Enjoy!
Hope you enjoy this Crustless Quiche with Bacon, Mushrooms & Jalapeños recipe! We would love to hear from you, please leave us your feedback in the comment box below.
Have a delicious day! James (aka Zimmy) & Elaine