Grilled peaches with crumble is such an easy and delicious dessert, it’s my summer go-to! They can be made in front of your guests by the grill and they take no time at all to assemble. My wife claims any leftovers are also fantastic for breakfast! 😉
- 4 medium peaches, halved and pitted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt grinder (or shaker)
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 cup whole grain granola
- Vanilla ice cream for serving
Preheat the grill to medium heat (approximately 350°F)
Mix brown sugar with granola and set aside.
Lightly brush the cut side of each peach with olive oil and balsamic, then give one light grind (or shake) of salt from height. Let stand for 5 minutes.
Place peaches cut side down on grill. Grill covered, for 8-10 minutes or until peaches are tender and begin to caramelize.
Place grilled peaches in individual serving dishes and sprinkle with crumble. Serve with ice cream (or thick yogurt).
* Peaches are best to grill when just having ripened… over ripe peaches are not suited for grilling.
In Ontario, peaches are at their peak of freshness in June, July and August.
If you like this recipe, you can fine more of my favourite grilled recipes here.