This deliciously fragrant Easy Thai Green Curry Chicken packs a flavour punch using store bought curry paste, light coconut milk, tender chicken thighs and whatever veggies you have on hand. Serve with rice and flatbread for a quick, easy, soul-satisfying meal in under 30 minutes.
Change it up with shrimp instead of chicken or keep it light and load it up with just vegetables.
Did you know that you can make delicious flatbread at home, in a nonstick skillet? It just takes a few common kitchen ingredients, a bit of time (for the dough to rise) and before you know it, you’ll have a piping hot pile of flatbreads. My recipe for skillet flatbread is linked here.
TRIED THIS RECIPE?
If you get the chance to try this recipe, please drop back and leave us a comment and rating. We would love to know what you think.
Cheers! James & Elaine
Easy Thai Green Curry Chicken
- 1 14oz can light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- Thumb size piece of fresh ginger – peeled
- 4-6 skinless boneless/skinless chicken thighs cut in bite-size chunks
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ cup frozen peas
- 1 medium sized carrot match sticked
- ⅓ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup broccoli
- ½ cup frozen corn
Suggested sides and garnishes
- Flat bread homemade or store bought
- Jasmine rice with peas
- Green onions
- Lime wedges
- Red chillies
- In a large saucepan simmer coconut milk, green curry paste & ginger, over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, fish sauce, brown sugar, peas, carrots, and chicken stock. Simmer for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add broccoli and corn, simmer for 3-4 minutes. Remove ginger before serving.
- Serve with jasmine rice with peas and flat bread for dipping.
- Garnish with cilantro, green onions, lime wedges and red chillies.