Crockpot™ Slow Cooker Cider Poached Pears
When I first served this dish to Elaine, she watched how quick & easy it was to prepare and was sceptical that this minimal amount of effort could produce anything special.
Then she took a forkful of the sweet, tender, juicy, pear, smeared it in the yogurt and scooped up some toppings. The look of joy on her face was precious! Then as she exclaimed “wow, this is so good” her fork was already prepared with her next bite.
The aroma coming from Crockpot™ 2-Quart Round Manual Slow Cooker of the pears in the apple cider, maple syrup, cinnamon and ginger poaching liquid makes your house smell like fall! This simple, yet elegant dessert is a winner in so many ways!
Watch how easy these Crockpot™ Slow Cooker Cider Poached Pears were made here!
Tips and Serving Suggestions
- Do not let poaching liquid go to waste, serve warm in a mug as a side. Add a splash of brandy or bourbon to really warm your core.
- We love Greek yogurt, but you can certainly substitute it with a scoop of your favourite ice cream
TRIED THIS RECIPE?
If you get the chance to try our Slow Cooker Poached Pears recipe, please drop back and leave us comment and rating. We would love to know what you think.
Cheers! James and Elaine
Slow Cooker Cider Poached Pears
- 4 Bosc pears peeled
- 2 cups apple cider plus more to cover pears as required
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 ½ inch of a piece of ginger peeled, cut into quarters
- Maple syrup
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Pistachios not in shell
- Pomegranate arils
- Peel pears, then slice off a little of the bottom to ensure they stand without tipping.
- Place the pears on their side inside a 2 Qt slow cooker.
- Add the cinnamon sticks, ginger, apple cider and ¼ cup of maple syrup to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 5 hours or high for 2.5 hours.
- Once cooked, carefully remove the pears using tongs to grab the stem, to avoid squishing the pears.
- Plate with the suggested ingredients for serving or try a combination of your own.
• Do not let poaching liquid go to waste, serve warm in a mug as a side. Add a splash of brandy or bourbon to really warm your core.
• We love Greek yogurt, but you can certainly substitute it with a scoop of your favourite ice cream
HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS SLOW COOKER RECIPE!
We would love to here from you, please leave us your feedback in the comment box below.
You may also like these other Crockpot™ recipes –
- Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken
- Crockpot Slow Cooker Shrimp Boil
- Slow Cooker Poutine with Meatballs
- Fiesta Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Spring Risotto
- Express Crock Pork Shoulder Rice Bowl
- Festive Turkey Chili
Have a delicious day! James (aka Zimmy) & Elaine