This popular Northern Italian dish is known for its simplicity and versatility. My indulgent version includes both Parmesan and crumbled stilton cheese! A favourite way to enjoy this recipe is to nestle Pork Chops & Apple Slaw on top of a bed of this creamy polenta.
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt plus extra for seasoning
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 3 tablespoons crumbled stilton cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring the water to a boil over high heat. Add the salt, then whisk in the cornmeal.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring often, until the polenta thickens. The cornmeal should be tender, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, then add the butter, parmesan, and stilton cheese. Stir until the butter and cheeses have melted and are thoroughly combined.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Hope you enjoy my Creamy Polenta recipe!
We would love to here from you, please leave us your feedback in the comment box below.
Have a delicious day! James (aka Zimmy) & Elaine