Our garden cucumbers are growing out of control, and we are not mad about it! This refreshing cucumber salad with a red wine vinaigrette is so simple to make and is the perfect side for a casual BBQ or an elegant dinner party.
A mandoline is recommended to slice the cucumbers, onions, radishes, and jalapeño but you could easily slice them thinly with a knife.
The cucumber slices get tossed with sugar and salt, then are set aside to rest. Next the vinegar, onions, radishes, jalapeño, and dill, are gently tossed into the cucumbers. Cover and refrigerate before serving. Garnish with dill leaves and enjoy!
It’s so easy to make, watch the process video here.
- 1 mandoline
- 1 cucumber circles thinly sliced on a mandoline (approx. 1 pound)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ red onion thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 5 ounces radishes thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 1 jalapeño thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill plus dill leaves for garnish
- In a large bowl, toss the cucumber slices, sugar, and salt. In a small bowl combine the onions, jalapeños and vinegar, toss to combine. Let stand for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Add the vinegar, onions, jalapeños, radishes, and chopped dill, to the cucumbers, then gently toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, before serving.
- Prior to serving, pour the excess liquid into a small bowl or jug and serve on the side.
- Arrange the salad on a platter (or serve directly from the bowl), garnish with dill leaves and enjoy!
Hope you enjoy my Cucumber Salad recipe!
We would love to here from you, please leave us your feedback in the comment box below.
You may also like these other summer salads and sides recipes:
- Sous-Vide Carrots with Hummus
- New Potato & Bean Salad
- Chili-Lime Corn on the Cob
- Dill Pickle Potato Salad
- Wedge Salad with a Gorgonzola Dressing
- Quick-Pickled Vegetables
- Corn & Black Bean Salsa
- Spicy Korean coleslaw
- Korean Green Salad
- Broccoli Slaw with Cider Dressing
- Grilled Corn Salad
Have a delicious day! James (aka Zimmy) & Elaine