Few things have my taste buds screaming SUMMER, more than garden fresh tomatoes pulled straight from the vine at the peak ripeness! This Cherry Tomato-Lemon Spaghetti dish takes the bounty of cherry tomatoes and puts them to good use in an extremely fresh, easy and flavourful spaghetti dish. It’s even better if you have garden fresh basil too!
Also, if it’s too hot to cook in the kitchen, I made this whole dish on the grill and toasted some bread while the grill was on. An easy and delicious pasta dinner in 30 minutes!
Cherry Tomato-Lemon Spaghetti
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 anchovies finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ⅓ cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon pepper freshly ground
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 pound dried spaghetti
- 1 ½ cups fresh basil torn
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese shaved
- toasted French stick or ciabatta
- Boil a stockpot of salted water then cook the spaghetti to al dente according to package instructions.
- While the water boils, add the olive oil to a 3.5 Qt pan and warm. Add the shallots, salt and cook over low heat until they just begin to soften (4-5 minutes). Add the garlic, anchovies and cook for 2 minutes. Add the pepper, pepper flakes, lemon zest and lemon juice, raise heat to medium and cook for 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and mix to combine.
- Turn off the heat, then add cooked pasta to the tomato mixture (don’t drain the pasta, let some water come with it into the tomato mixture).
- Toss to combine, then add the shaved Parmesan and basil. Serve and enjoy!
- Delicious served with fresh or toasted French stick or ciabatta.
Hope you enjoy this Cherry Tomato-Lemon Spaghetti recipe! We would love to hear from you, please leave us your feedback in the comment box below.
We’ve also linked some of our other favourite pasta recipes here
Have a delicious day! James (aka Zimmy) & Elaine