Stir-Fried Black Rice with Fried Eggs & Parmesan Roasted Broccoli.
Disclaimer… this is not your traditional take-out style, fried rice with eggs and broccoli! This is a meal perfect for date-night, a weeknight family dinner, or a Saturday evening with friends!
Cook the rice the day before and even choose to throw together the salad dressing in advance and you can have dinner on the table in 30 minutes with very little mess!
The flavors are so surprising, they will keep you digging in bite after bite! Plus, the egg makes this a delicious, nutritious meal.
Stir-Fried Black Rice with Fried Eggs & Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- 1 broccoli crown florets divided (keeping some stems), large ones sliced in half (9 oz/3 to 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 2 cups cooked black rice from about 1 cup uncooked
- ¼ cup Peanut Sesame Dressing
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sodium reduce soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons lime juice fresh
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
- ¼ teaspoon hot Asian pepper flakes or ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter 100% natural
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic clove minced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spread the broccoli pieces over a baking sheet and drizzle with avocado oil, then sprinkle with garlic, salt, and cayenne. Use your hands to toss everything together until the broccoli florets are well-coated. Bake on the center rack of the preheated oven 20 to 25 minutes, or until broccoli is golden-brown and crispy.
- While the broccoli cooks make the dressing.
- Place all dressing the ingredients except the olive oil in a blender and process until smooth.
- Slowing add the oil with the blender running.
- Five minutes before the broccoli is done, start the rice.
- Heat a large skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high. Add rice and cook, stirring occasionally, until grains no longer stick together, about 4-5 minutes. Add in ¼ cup dressing stir to combine.
- Turn off the oven and leave the door open to cool a little while you divide the rice between plates and top with roasted broccoli.
- Preheat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat with one tablespoon of olive oil.
- If your plates are oven safe, put them in the oven to keep the rice and broccoli warm.
- Crack 2 eggs into the hot skillet and cook until whites are set, slightly golden around the edges, and the yolks are still runny, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer one fried egg to each prepared plate and sprinkle with chopped cashews, and fresh cilantro leaves. Serve with the leftover dressing, and lime slices. Enjoy!
Hope you enjoy this Stir-Fried Black Rice with Fried Eggs & Parmesan Roasted Broccoli recipe! We would love to hear from you, please leave us your feedback in the comment box below.
Have a delicious day! James (aka Zimmy) & Elaine