Surf and Turf Platter.
Looking for a delicious option for Fathers Day, Canada Day, 4th of July, or your next BBQ? Try these grilled Marina Del Rey wild-caught Argentinian shrimp (surf) and steak (turf) skewers.
Surf and turf, just name a better combination! These tortillas are customizable, so there is something for everyone!
What to serve with surf and turf skewers:
Create a surf and turf platter with grilled tortillas, spicy guacamole, tomatoes, avocados, sliced jalapenos, grilled corn salad, salsa, lime wedges, fresh chopped cilantro, hot sauce and/or any other of your favourite fixings.
Either skewer is also wonderful on their own served with rice or potatoes, grilled veggies, or your favourite fresh salad.
Tried this recipe?
If you get the chance to try this recipe, please drop back and leave us comment and rating. We would love to know what you think.
Cheers! James and Elaine
Surf & Turf Platter
- 14 12" metal skewers (or soaked wooden skewers) Smaller skewers can be used, just adjust the quantites per skewer.
- 3 pounds sirloin tip roast trimmed of excess fat and cut into 1¼ inch cubes
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Dijon
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary minced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-2 red bell pepper seeded and cut in 1¼ inch pieces
- 1-2 green bell pepper seeded and cut in 1¼ inch pieces
- 1 large red onion cut in 1¼ inch pieces
- 16 orange or red grape tomatoes
- 18 Marina Del Rey Wild Caught Colossal Shrimp peeled, tail on (8/12 size)
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons lime juice freshly squeezed
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, soy sauce, garlic, Dijon, honey rosemary and pepper. Add the cubed sirloin to a resealable bag and cover with marinade. Seal bag and let marinate for 30 – 60 minutes in the fridge.
- While the steak is marinating, start preparing the shrimp. Pat shrimp dry and place in a resealable bag.
- Combine all other ingredients in a bowl and pour over shrimp.
- Seal bag and marinate for 15 minutes in the fridge.
Skewer the Steak and Shrimp
- Evenly divide the meal and veggiesfor 8 skewers. Prepare steak skewers beginning with a tomato, alternating meat,with pieces of bell peppers and red onion, then finishing with a tomato.
- Preheat grill to med-high heat.
- Divide the shrimp to fit on 4-6 skewers, then skewer the shrimp.
Time to Grill
- Grill steak skewers over medium-high heat, turning every 2-3 minutes, until all sides of the meat are slightly charred, and vegetables are tender. (About 8 to 12 minutes)
- Cover the steak skewers with foil and let rest.
- While the steak is resting, place the shrimp on the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes per side. The shrimp are cooked when the thickest part hasjust turned slightly white/opaque, and the exterior has a slight pinkish colour.
Surf and Turf Plating
- Create a surf and turf platter with grilled tortillas, spicy guacamole, tomatoes, avocados, sliced jalapenos, grilled corn salad, salsa, lime wedges, fresh chopped cilantro, hot sauce and/or any other of your favourite fixings. Either skewer is also wonderful on their own served with rice or potatoes, grilled veggies, or your favourite fresh salad.
- Skewers can be removed from the steak and shrimp at this point if you would like.
More Wild Argentinan Shrimp recipes to love
- Spicy Linguine with Clams and Shrimp
- Cast Iron Lobster Tails & Wild Shrimp
- Sous-Vide Colossal Shrimp Cocktail (with a Spicy Avocado Crema)
- Wild Shrimp Puttanesca
- Grilled Wild Caught Shrimp On Creamy Deviled Eggs
- Crockpot Slow Cooker Shrimp Boil
- Sizzling Shrimp Fajitas
- Ridiculously Good Grilled Shrimp
- Spicy Mussels and Shrimp “Soup”
- Chimichurri Grilled Shrimp with Corn Salsa, Lettuce Wraps