I’ve partnered with Ontario Pork to develop two easy and equally flavourful ways to prepare Pork Tenderloins.
The first was a ‘dressed up’ recipe: Stuffed Pork Tenderloin in Tomato Sauce.
But, perhaps you’d prefer a ‘dressed down’ recipe… colourful, beautifully charred pork tenderloin skewers? As pleasing to the eye as they are to the palate. The marinade of lime juice, spices, cilantro and honey, develops big flavour in mere minutes and grills up, in just minutes more.
- 2 x 1-pound Ontario Pork Tenderloins (silver skin removed, cut into 36 x 1“ cubes)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp BBQ spice (use your favourite for pork)
- 1 large garlic clove peeled and minced
- 4 tbsp finely chopped coriander (cilantro)
- 1 large red bell pepper chopped into 12 x 1“ squares
- 1 large green bell pepper chopped into 12 x 1“ squares
- 1 large orange bell pepper, chopped into 12 x 1“ squares
- 1 red onion peeled and chopped into 12-24 x 1“ squares
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
Mix the olive oil, salt, pepper, lime juice, honey, BBQ spice, garlic and cilantro.
Place the pork cubes in a bowl, toss with olive oil mixture and allow to marinate for 15 minutes.
Preheat the grill on high heat and rub grill grates with cooking oil (the honey in the marinade will cause the skewers to stick a little).
Prepare each pork tenderloin skewer by alternating 6 pieces of marinated pork with 2 pieces each of red, orange & green peppers and 2-4 pieces of red onion. Place the skewers on a tray and pour of any remaining marinade to coat the vegetables.
Place the pork tenderloin skewers on the grill for 8-10 minutes, turning every 2-3 minutes until all sides are lightly charred and pork is cooked through (internal temperature of 145°F).
- Flavoured rice & peas
- Roughly chopped cilantro
- Pico de Gallo or Salsa Picante
Tools: 6 x 10-12” metal skewers (if using wood skewers, pre-soak in water for 1-2 hours).
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Marinating time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Serves: 6
Hope you enjoy this recipe! I would love to hear your feedback in the “comments” below!