Roasted Garlic Hummus.
This recipe can be substituted with raw garlic, but when roasting the garlic, it caramelizes and adds a deliciously sweet and mellow complexity and depth to the hummus. The prep is minimal and is so worth the effort!
I use this hummus as a dip on its own, in my Roasted Cauliflower with Hummus Yogurt Dip or as a base for my Loaded Hummus with Air Fryer Harissa Sausage Balls.
What can I do with the Leftover Roasted Garlic?
- Do not worry about having leftovers. Once roasted, the garlic mellows into a sweet, caramelized spreadable treat that can be used in mashed potatoes, spread on toast, added into hamburger patties, added into guacamole, and can be substituted into a variety of recipes that call for raw garlic.
- Roasted garlic can be stored in an airtight container for 3-5 days. In our house it gets used way before the five days!
Tried this recipe?
If you get the chance to try this recipe, please drop back and leave us comment and rating. We would love to know what you think.
Cheers! James and Elaine
Roasted Garlic Hummus
- 1 bulb of garlic 3 roasted cloves will be used in this recipe
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 cups canned chickpeas liquid reserved
- ½ cup tahini
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil plus extra for drizzling (optional)
- Juice of 1 lemon plus more as needed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 430°F.
- Slice off the very top of the garlic head. Drizzle with a splash of olive oil and wrap in foil. Place on a sheet tray and bake until tender when pierced with a knife and is fragrant, 40-50 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Squeeze out 3 cloves of garlic into the food processor, then add the chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper in a food processor and begin to process; add the chickpea liquid as needed to allow the machine to produce a smooth puree.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning (add more lemon juice if desired)
- Place in bowl as is and drizzle with olive oil (optional) and or add toppings such as chickpeas, your favourite herbs and spices like cyanine or paprika. Enjoy!