Truth is, I’m not as planned as my wife would like… dare I say it, I’m pretty last minute. (ad) That’s why I appreciate the Crock-Pot® 6 QT Express Pressure Cooker… a rice bowl bails me out, when I’ve run out of time!
I love that a pulled pork shoulder that normally takes over 6 hours, is fall apart tender and delicious in just 90 minutes! The browning setting allows all the potent aromas and flavours to develop and create a meal you’ll be proud to serve!
I’ve developed a #CrockPotRecipe , served it over a rice bowl and loaded it with a variety of fresh veggies to create an incredibly flavourful meal, the whole family will enjoy!
Crock-Pot® Express is going to make my preparation for Holiday Entertaining quicker & easier! I think it might even be time to make my turkey stock!
- 3½ – 4 lbs. Boneless Pork Shoulder (excess fat removed – cut into 4 equal pieces)
- 3 tablespoons Pork Rub (or your favourite dry rub)
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 medium size Yellow Onions (cut into 1/8 pieces)
- 2 inch piece of Ginger (finely sliced)
- 2 Garlic cloves (smashed)
- 2 tablespoons Red Curry Paste
- 19 oz/540 ml tin of Diced Tomatoes (no salt added)
- ¾ cup/180 ml Vegetable Stock (no salt added)
- 2 Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 2 teaspoons Red Pepper Flakes
- Cooked Jasmine Rice (2 cups uncooked)
- ¼ Red Cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 2 medium Carrots (sliced into matchsticks)
- 2 Mini Cucumbers (sliced into thin ribbons) or ½ Cucumber (thinly sliced circles)
- 2 Long Red Chilies (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup Shelled Edamame (cooked)
- 3 Green Onions (thinly sliced)
- 3 Radishes (thinly sliced)
- 1 Lime (cut into 8 wedges)
- Small bunch of Cilantro
- Optional – roasted peanuts, red pepper flakes, hot sauce
Season the Pork pieces with the dry rub set aside.
Turn your Crock Pot Express Crock to Brown/Sauté and press Start/Stop.
Add the olive oil and allow it to get hot. Add the onions & ginger and sauté for 2 minutes.
Add 2 pieces of the pork and brown all sides well (1 ½ minutes per side). Remove the browned pork from the Crock and place the remaining 2 pieces in (brown all sides).
Remove the pork; add the red curry paste & garlic, sauté for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, Kaffir lime leaves and vegetable stock. Add the pork into the liquid and submerge.
Put the lid on the Express Crock, Lock it & turn the Steam Release Valve to Seal.
Set the Meat/Stew to High and adjust the time to 1:30. Press Start/Stop.
Once the cooking has completed, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes. Remove lid and shred pork with 2 forks. Skim excess fat from the top of the cooking liquid. Season to taste with salt & pepper. Stir to combine.
Serve over hot rice with some cooking liquid and all the fresh vegetables.
Course: Entrée Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 90 Minutes Yields: 8 Servings