Just in time for BBQ season, Beyond Meat has launched an even juicier version of its game-changing Beyond Burger!
In partnership with Beyond Meat we created, “The United Beyond Burger!”, blending sweet, smoky, tangy, salty, spicy, and juicy to create a United flavour greater than the sum of their individual flavours.
Elaine and I choose to support local and Canadian-made products whenever possible! So, we love that the Beyond Burger and Beyond Beef are proudly made here in Canada. Offering us a plant-based, delicious, and sustainable way to support local throughout the summer grilling season.
We are confident that once you try this burger, you will make it again and again!
The United Beyond Burger
- 6 Beyond burgers
- 6 small burger buns
- 8 tablespoons of ketchup
- 1 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 small red onions thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- 6 lettuce leaves Boston, bib, or romaine
- Maldon salt or kosher salt, to taste
- Pickled jalapeños 3 or 4 per burger
- In a small bowl, mix the ketchup, smoked paprika and lime juice. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat gas or charcoal grill to medium-high heat.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add two tablespoons of olive oil, then add the onions.
- Sauté until onions are translucent, about 7-8 minutes. Add salt, stir, and continue to sauté, stirring throughout for another 10 minutes. The onions should be light brown in colour (lower the heat if they begin to burn or blacken)
- Add balsamic vinegar to onions, stir and sauté for another 2-3 minutes until vinegar has soaked into onions.
- Remove from heat. Set aside until ready to serve.
- When the grill is ready, lightly brush the Beyond Burgers on both sides with the remaining olive oil.
- Cook the burgers over direct heat for about 4 minutes per side. If the grill flairs up, move burgers away from the flame. Do not overcook. Cook to an internal temperature of 74°C (165°F).
- While the burgers finish cooking, lightly toast the buns.
- Spread a spoonful of the ketchup on the bottom of each bun. Add a lettuce leaf then the Beyond Burger. Sprinkle with Maldon salt, add jalapeños and onions. Serve and enjoy!