These quick-pickled vegetables are inspired by the traditional banh mi toppings.
A favourite way to enjoy these quick-pickled vegetables is to top them on Sizzlin’ Smokies with Kimchi and Crispy Shallots.
Watch the process video here.
- 3 mini cucumbers cut in half, seeds scraped out, then cut into matchsticks
- 4 radishes cut into matchsticks
- 1 jalapeño pepper sliced into thin rings
- 1 cup of water
- ¾ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Add the jalapenos, cucumbers, and radishes, to the mason jar.
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, vinegar, sugar, and bring to a boil. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the sugar is dissolved. Turn off heat and let the mixture cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour mixture over the vegetables in the jar and screw on the lid. Let the jar cool at room temperature for 30 minutes, then refrigerate for at least 60 minutes before serving.
Hope you enjoy this Quick-Pickled Vegetables recipe.
Did you try this recipe or have any comments? If so, we would love to here from you! Please leave us your feedback in the comment box below.
Have a delicious day! James (aka Zimmy) & Elaine